Last updated: September 6, 2022
Unnanu provides recruiting and hiring services (collectively, the “Recruitment Services”) through its cloud-based platform, which includes its AI and weighted keyword search technology (collectively, the “Unnanu Platform”) for (a) individuals who are seeking employment and/or contractor opportunities (“Prospective Employee” or “you”) and (b) companies or individuals that are interested in hiring Prospective Employees (“Employer” or “you”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform, the other Unnanu Services or any of the other features, functions, services and products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services.
- In accessing and using the Sites and the Applications.
- In registering to use and to create an account for the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services.
- When connecting to your account through your social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, etc.).
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services.
- When you interact with the Employers looking to hire, Prospective Candidates that are looking to be hired and the other users of the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services.
- When you send any content through the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services.
- Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Unnanu or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be accessible from or on the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications or any of the other Unnanu Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Unnanu Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications or the other Unnanu Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Unnanu Services or any of its features or register on the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Unnanu Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, user name you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about you if you access and use the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, date of birth, profile picture, education, certifications, skills, residency location and work history, ("personal information");
- Financial and billing information;
- Information that you provide by registering, creating accounts or filling in forms or applications on or through the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services, including information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services;
- Audio and video analytics information and any platform analytics;
- Audio and videos, messages, any file attachments, interviews, offers, or any electronic notifications;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Information from your device, including contact information;
- Usage details and information, including how you communicate with other users of the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform and the other Unnanu Services, such as the time, date, sender and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot);
- The content you provide and information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content;
- Information contained in the comments and postings on or through any of the Unnanu Services;
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- Location information when you use the Sites or the Applications;
- When you report a problem with any of the Unnanu Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications and any of the other Unnanu Services; and/or
- Your search queries on or through the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications or the other Unnanu Services.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain situations may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
You may now or in the future provide pictures, audio and video recordings, text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on or through the Recruitment Services or the other Unnanu Services or transmitted to third parties or other users of, the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform or the other Unnanu Services, with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed, downloaded or shared by unauthorized persons.
The Unnanu Platform uses Zoom for video conferencing for interviews. Unnanu does not have any access to these video conferences or any recording of any such conferences and does not collect any information from any such conferences.
Employers and employees can upload and share agreements and electronic documents and files (collectively, the “Shared Documents”) through the Recruitment Services. Unnanu will not access any Shared Documents at any time unless requested to do so by either the employer or employee or required by law or court order. Any information in a Shared Document to which Unnanu has access will only be used in connection with the purpose for which Unnanu accessed such Shared Document.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you do not provide certain personal information identified in this policy, we may not be able to provide you access or use of certain of the Recruitment Services or the support that we otherwise could if you do provide this personal information.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Server Logs. A server log is a log file (or several files) automatically created and maintained by one of our servers consisting of a list of activities it performed (e.g., maintaining a history of page requests).
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, billing and payments, background checks, HR services, payroll, invoicing and payment processing, support, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Unnanu. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service. Also, if you click on a link to a third-party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any the Unnanu Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Using your Social Media Details to Sign in to the Recruitment Services
When you sign in to the Recruitment Services using your Facebook account, you give permission to Facebook to share with us your name and profile picture. Unless you opt-out, you also give permission to Facebook to share with us your email address (if there is one associated with your Facebook account), name, profile picture and current town/city.
We will then use this personal information to form your account. If you remove the Recruitment Services from your Facebook settings, we will no longer have access to this data. However, we will still have the personal information that we received when you first set up your account using your Facebook ID.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings,permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics and Google Adwords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services and the content and the other products and services that you request.
- To provide the Sites and the Applications and the content that is on them to you.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for the use of the Recruitment Services and the other Unnanu Services and send you related information, including the selection of Service Plans for the Recruitment Services.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Unnanu Services and our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform and the other Unnanu Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or through any of the Unnanu Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Unnanu Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform and the other Unnanu Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Sites and the Applications.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications, the Unnanu Platform or any of the other Unnanu Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Unnanu and you. By allowing Unnanu to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Sites and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications and the other Unnanu Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To other users in your organization in connection with the the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services.
- To the other users of the Recruitment Services with whom you have chosen to interact.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the Unnanu Services and our business, including background check providers, HR services providers, payroll services providers, invoicing and payment processing services providers, credit card payment processors and marketing support.
- To a potential or actual buyer. assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of 'Unnanu' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Unnanu about users of the Sites is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Unnanu, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Unnanu. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Unnanu to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Unnanu as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe's Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through the profile that you created through the Sites or the Applications when you registered to use the Recruitment Services.
If you delete your User Content from the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services (including any User Content stored in the cloud), copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Servers or the Sites. Proper access and use of information provided on or through the Recruitment Services or any of the other Unnanu Services, including User Content, are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: Unnanu Inc., 600 Congress Ave., 14th Floor, Austin, TX 78701, USA.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, until you deactivate your account through your profile or request that we delete your personal information. Once you deactivate your account, your profile and other information will be deleted, and you will need to create a new account if you want to access and use the Recruitment Services again.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. We also use a third-party cloud service provider and have no control over the technical and security measures that it uses. Unnanu cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites or through the Applications.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to and use of certain parts of the Recruitment Services, the Sites, the Applications and/or the other Unnanu Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Unnanu Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any other user of the Unnanu Services.
© Copyright 2022 Unnanu